After it was certain a mega fight between Amir Khan and Kell Brook was going to take place this summer, Eddie Hearn has said the fight is ‘dead until later this year’.

Khan accused Brook of walking away from the fight whilst Hearn revealed that the offer of a 50-50 purse split was rejected last week.

Speaking to Sky Sports, Hearn talked about how Khan and his team felt a 50-50 purse was not enough.

We’ve had a number of meetings with Team Khan over the last few weeks and on Friday we had a further meeting in Bolton along with Kell’s Dad.

We feel this fight is easy to make with a straight 50-50 split, but Khan’s team felt Kell didn’t deserve anywhere near 50-50. It was a very quick meeting!

I think Amir wants a warm-up fight before Kell, but certainly it looks like this fight is dead until later in the year.

Khan earlier revealed on ITV’s This Morning that it was Brook who walked away from the fight.

Well basically my team sat down with Kell Brook and his manager. We tried to make the fight and Kell Brook said he doesn’t want the fight, so it’s not happening.

Read more from Matt Astbury